Terms and Conditions
This is a legal agreement (“Agreement”) between you and
DNA Romance LTD, a corporation operating in the jurisdiction
of British Columbia, Canada. By accessing the DNA Romance
web site (www.dnaromance.com) and using any of the
services accessible through the web site, mobile applications,
or virtual reality, you become a user and agree to be bound by
the terms and conditions of this Agreement. IF YOU DO NOT
AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, THEN DO
NOT USE OUR WEB SITE OR SERVICES. Some services
may be subject to additional terms they will be presented for
your acceptance when you activate those features.
The DNA Romance services consist of the following:
The data for DNA Romance is;
- A graphical web interface where you can browse only the members in our database that we recommend are a good match for you based on our customized DNA Romance match-making algorithms. Users also report their preference towards the appearance and common interests shared with their matches.
- With feedback from users, our mission is to improve the predictions of our match-making product.
- We are not a health service provider and we do not report our user’s health conditions.
- We respect your privacy and have every intention to protect your personally identifiable information.
- At this stage billing and DNA testing are provided by reputable third parties.
- Our primary focus is on members that you will find to smell attractive. We primarily targeting genes that have been found in the literature to play roles in the detection of scent/odor.
- We also measure DNA markers that predict other nonhealth related phenotypes including eye color, height, etc.
You agree that;
- Encrypted and processed on servers in Canada, or the United States
- Not disclosed to third party requests unless ordered by law enforcement in Canada
You acknowledge that;
- Any sample you submit has been collected from you and is not from any other person, organism or object
- All data you upload, or enter, into our system is yours and not from any other person, organism or entity
- You are over the age of 19 years’ old
- You are not a sex offender
- You have not been convicted of a felony
- DNA Romance is a commercial enterprise and you are a licensee of our Services
- DNA Romance is not a trustee of your Genetic
- Our predictions are not considered diagnostic and no
information relating to your personal health will be
provided by DNA Romance.
- DNA Romance is not a health service provider and we
rely on DNA testing submitted by the customer, or from
our own contractors, the company does not assume any
legal or ethical obligations to you as a result of you using
- Our service does not discount the possibility that
undesirable attributes could exist between users that
form relationships as a result of our services. If you are
concerned about heritable health conditions with your
future partner, then we recommend you seek medical
consultation and diagnostic DNA fingerprinting targeting
the conditions of concern before having children,
irrespective of whether you have used our service of not.
- The laboratory may not be able to process your sample,
and the laboratory process may result in errors. If the
initial processing fails for any reason, DNA Romance will
reprocess the same sample at no charge to the user. If
our second attempt to process the same sample fails,
DNA Romance will offer to send a DNA collection kit to
the user to take a second sample at no charge. If the
user declines this option or the second collection fails,
the user will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid to
DNA Romance, less shipping and handling.
- Even for processing that meets our high standards, a
small proportion of the data generated during the
sequencing/genotyping process may be un-interpretable
- Genetic research is not comprehensive and while we
evaluate many hundreds data points from your DNA, only
a small percentage of them have been found to play a
role in attraction and mate pair choice. There will be
unknown genes, environmental factors, or lifestyle
choices that are possibly more important predictors.
- Interpretations provided in our service rely on published
studies and our own research, some interpretations may
not be accurate for you. Future scientific research will
change the interpretation of your DNA and your future
- In the future the scientific community will show previous
research to be incomplete or inaccurate, and that this a
sign of progress.
- There may be a positive bias toward in predictions
between members from different ethnic groups. Public
research is limited to comparisons within ethnic groups,
but like other dating sites we provide options to search
within or between racial groups depending on your
- You should be careful about sharing your Genetic
Information with others, we do not offer you an option to
download your data to protect your identity.
- If you are asked by an insurance company whether you
have learned Genetic Information about health
conditions? You do not need to mention the DNA
Romance service to your health care providers, we do
not provide customers with medical advice or diagnosis.
- The genomic information we base our match-making on
has not been clinically validated. The technology we use
is the same technology used by the research community
and therefore it is not guaranteed to be error free. Our
Services are not intended to be used by you for any
diagnostic purpose and are not a substitute for
professional medical advice.
- DNA Romance believes that genetics is only part of
human attraction and a lasting relationship with someone
else, our understanding of Genetic Information is rapidly
evolving and at any given time we can only comprehend
part of the picture for the role of genetics, and successful
relationships. Reliance on any data interpretations
provided by DNA Romance is solely at your own risk.
- DNA Romance reserves the right to cease offering any of
the Services or change our pricing structures.
- DNA Romance may offer additional services or revise
any of the content in this agreement at any time. Your
continued use of this web site or our services after the
posting of revisions to this Agreement will constitute your
acceptance of such revisions.
This Agreement to determine was last revised on February